Ignite is a two-week program designed for high school-aged singers who want to take their musical talents to the next level. Our expert instructors will help you develop your songwriting, music production, and performance skills through collaborative performances, group lessons, and workshops tailored to your artistic journey.
Example of Workshops during Camp:
- Vocal Technique Development
- Stage Presence
- Defining your Artist Identity
- Record your own Music
- Artistic Collaboration
- Songwriting Development
- Create your own Music Video
- Open to High School singers completing grades 8-12 in the year prior to the summer camp
- Singers with at least 1-2 years of experience
Application Deadline: July 3rd
- Complete the online application form using Acceptd
Your application must include:
- 1-minute personal statement video that shares with us who you are as an artist, what your goals are as an singer, and why you desire admission into the Hitsville NEXT Summer Camp: Ignite
- Most recent school report card that shows your name, grade and school
Application Deadline for all materials to be submitted is July 3rd.
Review, admission, and notification for applications will be on a rolling basis. Space is limited. Admissions decisions will not be given by phone.
Admitted campers will be provided a full scholarship to attend this program thanks to the generous support of:
- Max M. & Marjorie S. Fisher Foundation
- JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- DTE Foundation
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Michigan Arts & Culture Council
- Detroit Memorial Park
- Elaine Stern Foundation
I am going into 9th grade this year, can I participate in the program?
The curriculum framework for the Ignite Summer camp is research-based and developmentally appropriate and is therefore only open to young adults that are completing grades 9-12 in the year prior to the summer workshop. Youth who are younger are encouraged to check out our Spark Summer Camp.
I HAVE TO MISS A FEW DAYS OF CAMP; CAN I STILL ATTEND?
Because of the nature of this being a performance-based collaborative program, unfortunately participants will need to be available for every day of camp in order to attend.
ARE PARTICIPANTS REQUIRED TO BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN PROGRAMS?
All activities will follow local social distancing and other COVID-19 guidelines and CDC recommendations. Our Museum programs are not currently restricted to those who have been vaccinated against COVID-19. Motown Museum continues to monitor the situation and will keep students informed of any changes to requirements. Note that regardless of vaccination status, students should anticipate that there will continue to be COVID-19 related restrictions and students will be required to adhere to all rules and regulations throughout their program. For more information visit our Safety Measures page.