Established in 2018, Bonus Tracks is a FREE after-school program for high school students interested in learning about and creating a career pathway to the music industry. Our goal is to foster the development of the next generation of Universal Music Group executives!
We’ll cover topics like A&R, Marketing, Streaming and Content Creation; hear from guest speakers, work on a capstone project and enjoy networking opportunities to help students gain a basic understanding of the role of a modern record label in the new age of music discovery.
Bonus Tracks classes will take place at 4 p.m. every Wednesday from January 25–March 29 at Hitsville NEXT.
January 25 | Motown Immersion/ Bonus Tracks 101
February 1 | How You Move
February 8 | A&R
February 15 | Commercial Sales & Sync Licensing
February 22 | Winter Break – No Class
March 1 | Publicity & Tour Promo
March 8 | Radio Promo & Markets
March 15 | Video & Content
March 22 | Marketing/Brand Partnership
March 29 | Wrap-up and Project Presentations
- Be a student in 10th through 12th grade at a Metro Detroit High School
- Posses a strong interest in learning the business of music
- Have a satisfactory academic and behavioral standing
- Previous internship experience is a plus, but not required
Awarded to one (1) college-bound student who best exemplifies the program’s mission and meet the following requirements:
- Completes satisfactory fulfillment of the Bonus Track program objectives
- Demonstrates evidence of community leadership–in and out of the classroom
- Has a strong commitment to academic excellence
- On-time completion and presentation of Bonus Tracks capstone project