We Want You Back!
We’re excited to welcome you back to Motown Museum—Hitsville USA—effective July 15!
Before you start Dancing in the Street, we want to make you aware of how our tour and retail operations have been reimagined to ensure visitors can experience the museum in a safe and meaningful way.
What you can expect when visiting Motown Museum:
A Reimagined, Up Close & Personal Tour
Your safety is our top priority
We’re thrilled to share the Motown legacy with you through a more personalized format. Each tour is our VIP experience, packed with more education, entertainment and experiences than ever before—providing an even greater opportunity for fans to share Motown love around the world. Here’s how we’ve shifted our experience:
- Tour group sizes have been reduced to 10 people maximum.
- Everyone is a VIP. The tour experience has been reimagined to be more personalized and exclusive, allowing our guests an unmatched experience with Motown history.
- Due to smaller tours, museum guests will have a greater opportunity to hear, experience and share the stories where this incredible legacy was born.
- Masks must remain on at all times inside the museum.
- Photography will now be permitted throughout the entire museum!
- No area is off limits, and social sharing of photos and videos is highly encouraged. Use the hashtag #MotownMuseumSnapshots when posting—we may reshare your photos on our own social channels!
Our Health & Safety Protocols
Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our team and guests. Working in close alignment with CDC recommendations, Motown Museum has adopted new protocols that must be adhered to by all visitors.
If you are showing any COVID-19 symptoms or answer YES to any of our health screening questions, we will not be able to offer the museum experience to you on that day. This is for the protection, wellbeing, health and safety of all.
We apologize in advance for this increased level of scrutiny, but we must do what is necessary to keep our guests and staff safe. Our process that all guests must follow is as follows:
- Masks must remain on at all times inside the museum
- While we can still accommodate our walk up guests, we are encouraging that guests plan ahead when possible, and are encouraged to buy their tickets online here.
- Guests will be greeted by an associate with a tablet for check-in
- Guests will be greeted outdoors for this pre-entry process
- It is mandatory that all guests wear a face mask at all times inside the museum
- If a guest does not have a face covering, the museum will provide one
- Guests must take a quick temperature check outside the Museum upon arrival
- Guests must complete a short health screening questionnaire for COVID-19 symptoms upon arrival
Motown Museum is now also home to Cleanville USA—we are launching enhanced safety protocols for cleanliness and sanitation. Here’s what we are doing to ensure the museum is sparkling each and every day.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the museum
- Museum staff will regularly clean and sanitize museum surfaces at least once per hour
Our Approach to Social Distancing
The act of social distancing is an integral part of our health and safety protocol. To ensure all visitors are following this important practice, Motown Museum has made a few modifications to the campus and retail experience.
- Motown-themed signage has been placed throughout the museum to create awareness of proper physical distancing between guests
- The Motown Museum Store has been expanded outdoors for safe distancing and offers curbside pickup for contactless shopping
- Simply call in your order—(313) 875-2264—drive over to the museum, and then give us another call upon arrival to get your items hand-delivered to your vehicle!
A more up-close-and-personalized experience—for the same price.
Knowing the critical importance of our space in preserving the music and cultural history of Hitsville U.S.A., and even though we require additional staff to ensure the safest possible experience, all while reimagining our tour experience to be more intimate and photo-friendly, Motown Museum has made the decision to not raise our ticket prices for tours.
Instead, we are encouraging any interested guests to make a goodwill donation—whatever additional amount they feel comfortable contributing—towards the important work we do daily. Donate here!
We are full of gratitude for the Motown fans around the world who have connected and supported us during this unprecedented time.
We can’t wait to see you.