Motown Museum Presents: AMPLIFY, the sound of Detroit Artist of the Year: Summer Golden
Detroit birthed one of the greatest success stories and music making machines of all time, Motown Records. Producing some of the most iconic artists, timeless music, and an undeniable sound that continues to influence contemporary music styles, Motown is embedded in our cultural DNA. AMPLIFY aims to put the spotlight on todays’ talent, encouraging vocalists to perform individually or in a group of 5 or less, to AMPLIFY the Sound of Detroit.
An open to the public, family-oriented event, AMPLIFY seeks to build on the rich legacy of Motown, celebrate the unique voices of Detroit and the creative synergy of artists past, present, and emerging, and curate authentic experiences for artists to grow and connect.
- Contestants must be residents of Southeast Michigan
- Contestants must either be solo acts or a group of 2-5 singers
- Should a contestant be selected as a finalist, they must be present in Detroit, MI for the filming of the Grand Finale Event on November 9-10, 2020
- Contestants must be 16 years or older. Artists under 18 must submit a performance release for minors signed by a parent/legal guardian.
- Anyone who is currently signed to a major label, is a member of the Motown Museum Staff or is immediate family of a member of the judge panel, are not eligible to compete.
Grand Prize: The Grand Prize-winning act will be named the Amplify, Sound of Detroit Artist of the Year, receive a $2,500 cash prize, a studio session with Music Director, Kern Brantley, receive first consideration for the Motown Accelerator Program, and be featured on the Motown Museum website and in various Motown Museum events throughout the year.
Second Prize: $500 cash prize
Third Prize: $250 cash prize
September 21: Contest Opens for Submissions
October 16: Final Submissions Due/Contest Closed
Week of October 19: Finalists Announced
November 9-10: Taping of Grand Finale Performance
December 2020: Grand Finale Broadcast on Comcast Channel 900
- To apply for the competition, contestants should complete the online application form and submit an audition video
- Video auditions must be of a song selected from the list of Motown Songs as listed on application
- Finale contestants will be selected from the audition entries by a panel of Motown Museum and industry professional judges
No cost to compete.
Contestants must complete the application form, including video submission by 9:00PM on October 16
This program made possible with the support of our members and